RESIDENTIAL ROOF REPLACEMENT PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED
Our services include complete residential roof replacements to new roofs, attic ventilation to soffit vents and more. We specialize exclusively in residential properties. We recognize the extra care and detail to every complete residential roof replacement we do. We only use the highest quality of roof replacement materials such as Atlas, Tamko, Gaf Owens Corning, Certain Teed, Malarkey and other high-quality products. We also offer our customers ventilation vent upgrades with a residential re-roof.
A complete residential roof replacement begins with preparation:
- Weather Check: We always try our best to keep up with the weather. We will watch the weather forecast up to 15 days in advance. We use local and government sources but guessing weather is still a wild guess. If the chance of rain is above 30% we will not start the job. Below 30%, we may begin with your approval. We will only remove and replace one section at a time while watching the weather. In any case, we always will have tarps on hand as an extra safety measure. Weather issues like cold and heat can make a huge impact on the quality of a residential roof replacement. We will explain about weather conditions at the time of your residential roof replacement.
- Careful use of tarps to protect your landscape features and grass areas, as much as possible.
- Moving patio furniture, grills, etc. out of the work area (and setting them back in place after the roof replacement is done).
- Trimming tree limbs off of the roof in order to complete the contracted work.
- Tearing off old materials. This includes shingles, sometimes multiple layers, and under-layment if necessary.
- Replacement or adding to decking, depending on the job.
- Tearing out valleys to the deck level.
- Removal of all roof accessories
- Smoothing out the decking of nails, staples shingle pieces etc., so that the deck inspection may be done. A perfectly smooth deck is prepared for the new roofing materials.
Next, the installation of new materials includes:
- Installation of required under-layment, depending on roof pitch, along with all valleys.
- 20″ metal is always used in all valleys.
- Cold Laminates and ice/water shields will be installed if required.
- All flashing is inspected, replaced as needed or added if missing. This includes flashings around chimneys, walls, skylights etc.
- Ventilation upgrades will be done at this time. See comments on Roof/Soffit Ventilation
- Installation of high-quality composite shingles will be done per the manufacturer’s requirements. Our residential roof replacement includes the use of nails, not staples. Nailing will be anywhere from 4 to 6 nails per shingle, depending on the type of shingle and pitch. This actually equals out to 8 to 12 nails per shingle, once the next course is installed.
- All penetration flashings are replaced, sealed and painted to match the roof.
Job before with 3-tab
Installing valley metal & under-layment
Job after with laminate
Mulehide Slate SBS Capsheet
Total Chimney Reflash Job
Water Tight Chimney Flashing